Attorney General Merrick Garland spoke publicly about the raid on former President Trump’s home on Thursday. He said that the Justice Department has filed a motion to unseal the warrant for what the FBI sought as well as what they took. So we will know soon what this was all about.
He further said that he personally authorized the department to seek a search warrant due to what he calls “probable cause.”
As he spoke, an FBI field office in Ohio was attacked and field offices around the country were put on high alert. Many Americans believe that the raid on the former President was political and are experiencing a crisis of faith in the system. It’s a scary time but the Justice Department showed understanding of the public response. In the motion to unseal the documents, they say “the public’s clear and powerful interest in understanding what occurred under these circumstances weighs heavily in favor of unsealing.”
President Trump’s legal team said it will not oppose the release of the search warrant. They were provided a copy so they know what we are about to see.
The Washington Post reports that the documents that were sought in the raid were pertaining to nuclear weapons but we won’t know until we know and it looks like we will soon get to know.
What do the kids like? The TikTok! 67% of teens say that they use TikTok, followed by 62% who use Instagram and 59% who use Snapchat. Facebook was the top social network for teens in 2014-2015 but it fell from 71% to 32%.
Beating out all of these social networks in this study is YouTube. A whopping 95% of teens say that they use YouTube. It is their form of TV, news, entertainment and information. It really is a league of its own.
When asked to self-report their screentime, 55% say that they spend “about the right amount of time” on these apps and 36% say that they spend too much time on them. It would be interesting to compare their answers with their parents’ answers! 97% of the teens say that they use these apps every single day. The other 3% probably didn’t understand the question.
Save 40% Off Your Postage
Can you think of anything worse than waiting in line at The Post Office?
Enter Stamps.com which brings the Post Office, and now UPS shipping, right to your computer. That way you don't have to leave the house!
Mail and ship anything from the convenience of your home or office.
With Stamps.com, anything you can do at the Post Office you can do with just a few clicks. Plus Stamps.com saves you money with deep discounts that you can’t even get at the Post Office!
With Stamps.com, you get 5 cents off every first-class stamp and up to 40% off Priority Mail, and up to 62% off UPS shipping rates.
Try it now and get a FREE digital scale ⚖️ with our promo code: REDACTED. There’s NO risk. With my promo code, REDACTED, you get a special offer that includes a 4-week trial PLUS free postage and a digital scale. No long-term commitments or contracts.
Just go to Stamps.com, click on the Microphone at the TOP of the homepage, and type in REDACTED.
A new study shows that China has surpassed the U.S. as the world’s leader for scientific research. See below study about productivity!
The report comes from Japan’s National Institute of Science and Technology Policy. It says that China publishes the highest number of scientific research papers and produces more “high impact” studies, meaning these studies are more frequently cited by other papers.
The United States is now number two in scientific studies, followed by Germany.
$18 a day is trending because of this insane Tweet of a parent seeking a nanny for $18 per day who has a master’s degree and will provide their own housing and bring extra snacks for the children. On a salary of $18 per day…
This LinkedIn post is trending of a CEO crying because he had to layoff employees. Most people are calling it “self-aggrandizing” and awkward.
This TikTok user is trending because she made a purse out of an aquarium and another that looks like a bowl of cereal.
Share The Love
Become a friend of Morning Invest by sharing this newsletter with someone you love.
When you do, we don’t just give you a pat on the back and say, “Well done old sport.” We give you actual rewards that’ll make everyone jealous.